Sat, Oct 16|
Urban Exposure Fundraiser
Join us for a good cause. We are throwing a bash with music from the Purple Lemurs, Saxsquatch and Bridge Band, and More. Hosted by Majyck Dee. There will be comedy, art from local artists, and more. Mask are required for this event. Suggested donation of 20.00 at the door.
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2021, 7:00 PM – 11:45 PM
Dormouse Theatre, 1030 Portage Street #3008, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
About the Event
Urban Exposure Initiative
1. Company mission statement
The mission of Urban Exposure Initiative is to promote entrepreneurial experiences and increase access to healthy foods and farming practices for people negatively impacted by inequities in local housing, healthcare, employment, and food systems.
2. Company philosophy and vision
A working year-round urban farm and attached micro grocery store/café contributing to community revitalization and sense of pride by providing:
● A viable micro grocery with exceptional produce and service
● Community education on sustainable urban farming practices
● Healthy, culturally relevant activities
● Affordable marketing space for local entrepreneurs
● 1 housing unit to support housing development growth in Edison Neighborhood
Honest Clean Food- production and distribution of fresh, high quality fruits, vegetables, and local goods.
Inclusion- access to fresh produce, education, and employment opportunities for marginalized populations.
Responsive- relevant products, education, and events to meet community identified needs.
Fairness and Equity- constantly strive to offer fair prices and provide opportunities for all clients.
Community Driven – Using and building on community local knowledge and practices.